The town of Pelham is located just to the east of Amherst. It was first settled in 1738 by mostly Presbyterian Scotch-Irish immigrants; it was officially incorporated in 1743. An eastern region of Pelham was annexed by the town of Prescott, and later submerged by the Quabbin Reservoir. The town is best known as being home to Daniel Shays, the leader of Shays’ Rebellion during 1786 and 1787.
In the 19th century, the town was home to the Orient Springs health spa and the Montague Fly-fishing Rod Mfg Co., and was a stop on Amherst electric trolley line.
Zoom link for this lecture: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84485731584